Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Joe Hall Writes Book, You Buy Book

My friend Joe Hall wrote a book of poems and I am deeply jealous...

... or I would be, if I wasn't aware of the many small and terrible hells that Joe has passed through and the relentless, cloying punishments the universe has and continues to administer to Joe and his loved ones in the form of car accidents, fires, illnesses, and houses made from cardboard ghosts.

The least you can do is go buy his book:

http://www.blackocean.org/pigafetta-is-my-wife/

I believe it's (at least in some senses) a love story between Joe / a-historic-spanish-explorer and Joe's-girlfriend-Cheryl / Pigafetta, although who or what Pigafetta is I'm not sure.   Also, I could be wrong about this.  But in poetry I don't think that's too important.

No comments:

Post a Comment